Pressure makes diamonds.


If you've been waiting for me to post again (yeah right....) here's what I've been up to. I managed to overwork and pretty much ruin the thing I was working on in the last post. After I sent in the entry form for the alumni show. With 3 weeks left before I have to drop off the work to the gallery. So, I decided to re-do the piece, and happily it's better than before. I am really enjoying the way I decided to work this time, and plan to do more pieces like it.

The photo I am including in this post shows the piece unfinished, but I don't have very much more to do. Yes, the ladies will have faces, but I am saving that for last. The piece is titled "The Summer We Were Sisters", and is a combination of fused fabric and paper, with hand embroidery.

Comments

  1. Hi Ho Ally! This is the first blog I have visited and it looks really nice. Thank you for including me in the friends list! The quilt looks wonderful -- I can't wait to see the faces -- I hope you enjoy finishing it! Your kids, as always, are darling. I can't believe how much Mirren is looking like you! She is very pretty. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This work is gorgeous. I'm really impressed. I hope we get to see the final product (with faces!)...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post a comment!

Popular Posts