Background

6.02.2008

Pressure makes diamonds.


If you've been waiting for me to post again (yeah right....) here's what I've been up to. I managed to overwork and pretty much ruin the thing I was working on in the last post. After I sent in the entry form for the alumni show. With 3 weeks left before I have to drop off the work to the gallery. So, I decided to re-do the piece, and happily it's better than before. I am really enjoying the way I decided to work this time, and plan to do more pieces like it.

The photo I am including in this post shows the piece unfinished, but I don't have very much more to do. Yes, the ladies will have faces, but I am saving that for last. The piece is titled "The Summer We Were Sisters", and is a combination of fused fabric and paper, with hand embroidery.