Background

1.18.2012

Rosehill progress





I apologize for these low quality photos from my iPhone, but I can't find my digital camera. I've mocked up a corner of Rosehill Cottage with the rug I made, plus the blue bench and an armchair I made last night. (The Victorian sofa in the back won't stay, but I wanted to see how a sofa fit in the bay window space).

I've never made furniture from scratch, and I'm going to make another armchair as I think this one is too puffy, and the angles are wrong. Yes, I realize I am the only one who cares... The fabric is from Brodnax prints and is fairly close to the pattern on the chair in the film, but the silk is a bit shiny I think. I am very pleased with how the rug came out, but I may need to adhere it permanently to the floor if I can't get it to stop curling up - I have it pinned down at the corners here.


Anyway, huzzah for progress!

PS - I watched the first two episodes of the new season of Downton Abbey. Is anyone else as fascinated as I am?