New artwork update









Yes, I am still here, just haven't had lots of time to work lately.

Johanna suggested the striped fabric on the dark-haired boy's shirt was too bold, so I swapped it out for a more subtle design. I am pretty happy with how the faces are turning out. They aren't exactly like the photo, but they still look life-like to me. These kids definitely have some personality!

So now I am moving on to the background. This should be a challenge, as the trees, etc are kind of blurred. I need to attempt to achieve a sense of distance and depth, which will be difficult using fabric. But still, I am not as worried about those issues as I was about the faces.

Any thoughts?

Comments

  1. Yes!! That new stripe, I think, is an improvement. Keep it coming!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can see the pattern of the fabric through the details on the faces- just enough, so it's not distracting. The faces are very expressive- great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post a comment!

Popular Posts