Excuses excuses...




Well, it's an example of the best laid plans of mice and men. By now, I planned to have many posts up of my various projects, but life intervened in the form of emergency surgery. In November I ended up in the hospital with a very infected gall bladder, which had to be removed the non-laproscopic way. The aftermath left me unable to lift more than 10 pounds (which included my toddler) and on narcotics. Definitely not well-suited to creativity, or the planned organization of my neglected studio. This space has been sitting in it's current state for over a year, since Maddie was born. Her room used to be my studio, and I just haven't been able to get it together since we moved my stuff.

So now we are in the post-Christmas lull, with Mirren on vacation from school for another week and a half. I am mostly recovered, and can shove boxes around a bit, so hopefully I can make a dent in the mess. I've posted some (embarrassing) "before" pictures of my studio, in the hopes that you will take pity on me. I will post the "after" pictures soon... very soon.

Comments

  1. Ally,

    I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! Just take it easy and heal good so you can go back to doing what you love.

    And all I have to say for the studio organization is one word: IKEA! It saved me, my studio was an absolute wreck and now its turned into something I never thought it could be: organized! Good luck!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, that looks like my studio! only, i have no kids or surgery...jump in where you can!
    zc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post a comment!

Popular Posts