Background

6.07.2011

Deadlines bite.

Hi there... If you've been waiting for another post on Rosehill Cottage I wanted to tell you why it's been so long. I committed myself to making something for my alumni show at the University of Michigan School of Art + Design. Of course I waited until the last minute (it's due by Saturday) and every spare moment is going into cranking it out. Sounds pretty inspired, doesn't it?


I've done a few of these fabric collage/illustration pieces before, and they have actually sold! I find a candid vintage snapshot with a composition that I like, and re-interpret it in fabric and colored pencil. Sometimes I use embroidery as well, but I probably won't have time on this one. The yellow background will be filled in with other stuff - it was the largest piece of scrap fabric I had. I am determined to finish this without buying anything for it.







 I also wanted to share my fabulous new-to-me wooden desk that replaced
my old computer table. My neighbors are moving and had a yard sale, and this desk belonged to the husband's grandfather. It has a huge surface and really deep drawers. It also matches the old swivel chair I use. I can display all my vintage bric-a-brac really nicely now. (Be thankful I edited out the mess on the floor!)


Another new acquisition is this sweet little footwarmer named Lucy. She is 6 months old and truly is the best dog I've ever had.