NaNoWriMo




I am taking a bold, and perhaps misguided, foray into the world of writing by participating in NaNoWriMo. For the uninitiated, this stands for National Novel Writing Month. The idea is that from November 1 until November 30, you attempt to write a 50,000 word novel. I have always wanted to write, but being the perfectionist that I am I cannot get past the blank page. NaNoWriMo is focused on word count, not quality of writing, so I'm thinking that if I can just get words on the page eventually they will shape into a cohesive story. At least I will have more writing down on paper to shape and edit later.

Anyone up for being my writing buddy and trying it for themselves? Go to the link provided here and sign up for an account. You can't lose, since you will end up writing more than most people do in their lives. See you there! NaNoWriMo

Comments

Popular Posts