2013 Alumni Exhibition - Stamps School of Art and Design


Yesterday evening I went to the opening reception of the 2013 Alumni Exhibition at the Stamps School of Art and Design at the University of Michigan. Over 160 artists participated this year, and the range of work is really outstanding. You can view an online gallery here.


The work is divided into two galleries; the Slusser Gallery is in the art school, where the reception took place, and the Work Gallery, which is on State Street in downtown Ann Arbor. I didn't get to see my piece hanging, as it is in the Work Gallery, and I didn't feel like taking the student bus downtown during our stifling heatwave. My friend Maria visited Work this morning, and sent me these photos.



Today is the last day of the Ann Arbor Art Fair downtown, which means lots of viewers will see that half of the show, and possibly go visit the Slusser Gallery as well.

This is a fun show to participate in every year, and always brings with it the possibility of reconnecting with former classmates. I don't think there were any others from my class this year, but I did spot a couple former instructors at the reception. Alas, I didn't win any awards, but had a great time!

Comments

  1. It looks like it was a wonderful show. What fun to have the chance to see a few people you knew when you were in school. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great hanging!! Great work, Ally!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post a comment!

Popular Posts