I'm done. And so over it.

I finished my artwork for the alumni show at 2:00 am this morning. I could keep on tweaking it, but really I am so over it. I like it, but I am also sick of it, if that makes any sense. I have to drop it off at the art school today between 12 and 4, so it will be quickly out of my hair. The size is 24"x30", and the fabric wraps around the sides of the frame. When the show is up I will take some photos at the reception and post them.

Now it's back to miniatures, woohoo!!!

Comments

  1. I just love that! I agree with Patty... It turned out GREAT! I wish I could go to the show and see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! I had a very positive response when I dropped it off at the gallery. Lots of oohs and aahs and questions. The gal taking photos of all the entries remembered one of my past pieces, and said this one would "sell for sure". Nice boost to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love how the background came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure it will sell. I am very interested to learn about how you did it. Maybe someday you will share the process with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks amazing. As usual. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catharine - I start by finding a vintage black and white snapshot that inspires me. Then I scan it, enlarge it, and reinterpret it in fabric. In the past I've also incorporated embroidery into it, but I didn't have the time for this one. Also, for this one I glued the fabric directly to a canvas. For past pieces I used a fusible product to iron the fabric to a backing, which allowed me to do the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post a comment!

Popular Posts