Alex Anderson!!!!

My big thrill this last week was to attend an event with Alex Anderson, formerly of Simply Quilts on HGTV. I got to have an entire day with Johanna, fabric shopping, no kids, and met Alex on top of it all! She signed a copy of her book Neutral Essentials for me, and was just as sweet and lovely in person as I always thought she was on TV. She did a really enjoyable slide lecture on her life, how she got into quilting, her TV show, and her life now as a spokesperson for Bernina. Most importantly, she is now the co-host of an internet television program called The Quilt Show, which I would encourage you to check out. Alex's passion is encouraging beginning quilters, so if you are new to the medium this is a really helpful resource. Her husband was at the event, and was so incredibly nice and we had a fun little discussion about art quilts and mixed media. All in all it was a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts